How to charge the phone without overheating? Why does the engine get hot? Check out the following discussion to find out more details.
Avoiding overheating while charging the phone can help extend the battery life of the device. Here are some solutions that you can refer to and implement.
How to charge the phone without overheating
- Avoid using the phone while charging
One of the main causes of the phone getting too hot is the habit of using the phone while charging. This seemingly harmless habit is actually very dangerous. Apart from affecting the battery life of the device, it can also lead to a series of incidents. The worst possibility is unfavorable such as fire and explosion.
So to limit the phone from overheating while charging, it is best to charge the battery properly. Try not to use the device while it is charging. Let’s wait until the phone is fully charged and you can use it.
- Turn on airplane mode while charging
To turn on airplane mode on Android phones and iPhones, the quickest way is to open the control center window by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Then press the airplane mode icon.
- Limit the use of fast charging
The fast charging feature of smartphones is undeniably useful. Especially if the user needs to use the phone urgently. However, the biggest drawback of this feature is that it heats up the device and shortens the battery life of the device.
Therefore, we recommend that you limit the use of fast charging to avoid overheating.
- Use original cable
Another way to limit device heat while charging is to use the original cable. In the case of using non-genuine charging adapters and cables, it will only lead to longer charging times. And also makes the charger and device hotter.
- Turn off apps running in the background
Turn off background running apps on Android
To turn off background running apps on Android, the first step you need to do is to check which apps are running in the background and taking up device resources.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: On your Android phone, open the Settings app (settings) => General (general settings).
- Step 2: Find and click Developer options, then click Running Services.
- Step 3: At this point, the screen will show a list of apps running on your Android device as well as how much RAM is being used.
If the Developer Options (developer) option is not showing in the settings menu, scroll down to find and click the About phone => Software info (software information) option => click the option. Tap on Build number 7 times to enable developer options.
- Step 4: To see how much battery power the app consumes, go to Settings => Battery (battery) / Battery Usage (battery usage).
Next, follow the steps below to turn off background apps on Android:
- Step 5: Open Settings app (settings) => Apps & notifications (apps & notifications)
- Step 6: Select the apps you want to kill, prevent them from running in the background, select Force Stop (force stop).
Note: If you restart your Android phone, this app may run in the background and cause similar problems.
Ideally, these apps should be uninstalled to free up space on the device as well as fix the phone overheating while charging.
Turn off apps running in the background on iPhone
To disable auto-refreshing background apps on iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to Settings (settings) => General (general settings) => Background App Refresh (refresh apps in background).
- Step 2: Here find and click to select each app for which you want to turn off the background refresh feature, on the next window select the Off option.
- Avoid placing the phone on a blanket or sofa while charging
Did you know that your phone will radiate heat when it’s charging? So during the charging process, it is best to place the device in a cool place. Avoid placing it on blankets, pillows or sofas, fabric surfaces to avoid overheating.
- Remove the case when charging
Lastly, the phone case is one of the main causes of the device overheating. We recommend removing the case when charging the battery to extend battery life and avoid overheating.