Find weapons, install personal protective equipment and attack 99 other players to become the last player alive. That’s how you play the EPIC Games Fortnite game.
Following the success of the Battle Royale game genre worldwide, thanks to the popularity of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, other games can take advantage of this moment and many have followed suit.
One of the most well-known is the free game from EPIC Games Fortnite studio, thanks mainly to its version for PS4, which already tops the list of all download peaks.
Fortnite is a game that doesn’t try to hide all its resemblance to PUBG. The arguments and objectives of each game are exactly the same: 100 players come from the air to the same place with one goal, looking for the weapons and defenses needed to plan a good strategy and be the last person in the game. Yep, exactly the same, it’s the same concept and the same rules of the game.
This Battle Royale type game has the following functions and options that allow players to have fun for hours in short games that last between 20 and 40 minutes:
- Four different types of heroes: warrior, builder, ninja and world traveler.
- Each hero character has special abilities and characteristics.
- Different weapons are classified by color according to their rarity and level of strength.
- The game includes long range weapons such as shotguns, assault rifles or handguns and melee weapons such as knives, spears, or sickles.
- Players have to look for materials to make all kinds of structures, weapons and objects such as wood, metal, coal, duct tape, resin, glass.
- Search for treasure to find weapons and materials, investigate every corner carefully, plan a good strategy and set traps to surprise and get rid of all the opponents.
Weapon systems in Fortnite
Unlike PUBG, Battle Royale has a slightly different system for classifying weapon strength. Based on the color, players can find out how rare the weapons they find. Rare weapons are usually stronger, although in reality the color only indicates the difficulty of finding them: the power level will be indicated by a marked number next to the block representing each weapon. Next, we show the classification of weapons by color according to their rarity:
General: Gray. Rarely: Green. Rare: Blue. Epic: Purple. Legendary: Orange. Myth: Gold.
What’s new in the latest version
TheGrefg comes to Fortnite.